Looking to spend your Air France/KLM Flying Blue miles? Here are a few ways to do it while getting the most value for your miles.
1. The United States to Hawaii
It’s one of the hottest award flights out there. You only have to use 17,500 miles each way to fly economy to Hawaii, and you can do so using your Flying Blue miles when booking with a SkyTeam Alliance partner like Delta.
2. The United States to Mexico
Similarly, you can use your Flying Blue miles on SkyTeam Alliance partners to fly from the United States to Mexico. It’s approximately 25,000 miles round-trip, and you can fly with either Delta or Aeromexico.
3. Australia to the Pacific
A lesser-known sweet spot on the awards chart will take you from either Australia or New Zealand to a little place in the Pacific called New Caledonia. Skip the popularity of Fiji and go somewhere none of your friends have gone, and also skip the high ticket prices. While fares are easily over $1,000 when you book and pay with cash, you can fly Aircalin with your Flying Blue miles for 15,000 miles each way. Not bad.
4.The United States to Israel
While you may have thought Israel was part of the Middle East, that’s not the case according to the Flying Blue award chart. It considers Israel a European country, but that’s great for you if you’re trying to book an award flight from the United States to Israel. You’ll pay as little as 25,000 miles each way in economy class.
5.The United States to Africa
Again, the Flying Blue award chart has an interesting interpretation of geography when it comes to certain countries in Africa. Algeria, Libya, Morocco and Tunisia are all considered European countries according to the chart. This means you can fly from the United States to any of these for, again, just 25,000 miles.
But, before you can spend ‘em, you have to earn ‘em. Here are a few cards that will help you get the Flying Blue miles you need:
- American Express Gold Card (Read More)
- Platinum Card from American Express (learn more)
- Blue Business Plus credit card from American Express (read more)
- Business Platinum Card from American Express (read more)
- American Express Business Gold
- Chase Sapphire Preferred Card
- Chase Freedom Unlimited℠
- Chase Sapphire Reserve
- Ink Business Preferred Card
- Ink Business Cash℠ Credit Card
- Citi ThankYou Premier
- Hilton Honors Ascend (learn more)
- Starwood Preferred Guest/Business from American Express (Read More)
- Hilton Honors American Express
- The Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus Credit Card
- IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Card
- Chase Hyatt