Aeroflot is to add Delhi to its Airbus A350 route network. The Russian carrier has already announced four other routes to be served by its new A350 aircraft due to be delivered early next year.
The Airbus A350 is arguably one of the hottest widebody aircraft in the sky right now. The new generation aircraft offers a lower cabin altitude as just one of its innovative features. In fact, this summer both British Airways and Virgin Atlantic have just received their first Airbus A350s ahead of Aeroflot. Aeroflot is expecting to receive their first A350 in the first quarter of 2020.
New Delhi offering
Aeroflot will use the new A350 on its route to Delhi from July 2020. The airline currently operates the route twice daily using the Airbus A330, according to Routes Online. However, on the 1st of July 2020, one of these flights will begin being operated by an Airbus A350.
It will operate to the following schedule:
- SU232 will depart Moscow at 18:50. It will then land in Delhi the next day at 03:20. The flight will be operated daily;
- SU233 will then depart Delhi at 05:00 after a 1-hour 40-minute turnaround. It is then due to land in Moscow at 0905 daily.
This will accompany a daily Airbus A330 flight which departs Moscow at 15:05 and then departs Delhi at 01:25.
Other Airbus A350 routes
The new Airbus A350 route announced today joins four more previously announced by the Russian flag carrier. The inaugural Airbus A350 flight is currently scheduled to depart to New York JFK. The aircraft will be rolled out across Aeroflots network in the following pattern, according to data from Routes Online:
- Firstly, Aeroflot will commence flights to New York’s JFK airport from the 31st of March 2020;
- Next, the Aeroflot A350 will be seen in Beijing from the 1st of May 2020;
- Thirdly, one-month later flights will commence to Seoul from the 1st of June 2020;
- The next day, services will commence to Miami from the 2nd of June 2020;
- Finally, as mentioned above, from the 1st of July, the aircraft will be placed on Aeroflot’s route to Delhi.
The Airbus A350 order
Aeroflot has a total of 14 Airbus A350 aircraft on order. They are all for the slightly smaller -900 version of the aircraft. The A350 replaces its cabin air completely every two to three minutes. Tied with its cabin noise reduction, this leads to a much more comfortable cabin for passengers.
However, Aeroflot has a little bit of time still to wait before receiving their first Airbus A350. Indeed, it is currently scheduled for early in 2020. The manufacturer is busy building the type, however, with six more A350-1000s due to be delivered to airlines in Britain by the year’s end, in addition to a number destined for other carriers.
Are you excited to see the A350 in the Aeroflot livery? Let us know in the comments!