Canadian national flag carrier Air Canada says it is returning to Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport (YTZ). Starting from Wednesday, September 8, 2021, Air Canada will offer five daily flights between Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport and Montréal-Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport (YUL).
The service will be operated by Air Canada Express Jazz using a 50 seat De Havilland Dash 8-400 aircraft. During the one-hour twenty-minute flight, passengers will be offered a complimentary snack and drink. All Air Canada customers can redeem or collect Air Canada Aeroplan Points through Canada’s leading loyalty program. Eligible Air Canada customers have access to Maple Leaf Lounges along with priority check-in and priority boarding.
Toronto-Montreal and Montreal-Toronto
Air Canada says that the schedule may be adjusted based on government restrictions brought about by the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. For now, the schedule is the following:
- Air Canada flight number AC7952 departs Toronto at 07:15 and arrives in Montreal at 08:27
- Air Canada flight number AC7958 departs Toronto at 10:20 and arrives in Montreal at 11:33
- Air Canada flight number AC7970 departs Toronto at 16:15 and arrives in Montreal at 17:28
- Air Canada flight number AC7976 departs Toronto at 17:15 and arrives in Montreal at 18:28
- Air Canada flight number AC7974 departs Toronto at 18:20 and arrives in Montreal at 19:33
- Air Canada flight number AC7959 departs Montreal at 07:30 and arrives in Toronto at 08:49
- Air Canada flight number AC7955 departs Montreal at 08:30 and arrives in Toronto at 09:49
- Air Canada flight number AC7965 departs Montreal at 13:30 and arrives in Toronto at 14:49
- Air Canada flight number AC7971 departs Montreal at 16:30 and arrives in Toronto at 17:49
- Air Canada flight number AC7975 departs Montreal at 18:30 and arrives in Toronto at 19:49
Air Canada offers its customers a complimentary shuttle bus service from downtown Toronto to Toronto City Airport for the Toronto to Montreal flights. The bus picks up passengers outside the west entrance of the Fairmont Royal York Hotel directly opposite Union Station.
YTZ is close to downtown Toronto
When speaking about Air Canada restarting its YTZ to YUL flights, Senior Vice President, Network Planning and Revenue Management at Air Canada said Mark Galardo said:
“We are pleased to restart our operations at Billy Bishop airport and offer our customers the choice to fly in and out of Toronto Island, which is popular among business travelers for its proximity to the city center and its ability to connect travelers to our global network through Montreal. Our schedule enables travelers to conveniently fly between Montreal and Toronto Island Airport up to five times per day, linking the two key business and cultural centers as we continue to play our part to reinvigorate Canada’s economy. We look forward to welcoming our customers back onboard and expanding our daily service as more traffic returns.”
About Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport
Honoring Canadian World War I flying ace and World War II Air Marshal Billy Bishop, Toronto City Airport is located on the Toronto Islands, two miles south-west of downtown Toronto. Operated by Ports Toronto, the airport is classified as a Canadian entry point and is staffed by members of the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA). The airport operates between 06:45 and 23:00 except for MEDEVAC flight due to its proximity to major hospitals.
What do you think about Air Canada restarting flights from YTZ to YUL? Please tell us your thoughts in the comments.