Air Canada is set to launch two new routes across the border with the United States of America. The new seasonal services will operate daily to Nashville and Boston, and increase capacity to Newark when they launch in June.
Cross border travel is set to see Air Canada’s A220 flying to the United States in 2020. However, the Canadian flag carrier is also looking to boost its services with other aircraft next year. It will launch new routes to Nashville and Boston. This is in addition to doubling the frequency of flights between Vancouver and Newark. All three flights are set to launch in half a years time. Interestingly, all of the flights require an overnight stop.
Montreal to Nashville
The first flight announced by Air Canada will see the airline launching a new service to Nashville from Montreal. This new flight will launch from the 1st of June, and will run until October the 25th 2020. It will run to the following schedule:
- AC7714 will depart from Montreal at 18:05. The flight, operates by an Embraer E175 will then touch down in Nashville at 19:48.
- The aircraft is then scheduled to stay in Nashville overnight.
- At 08:25 the next day, the Embraer E175 will depart from Nashville as flight AC7713. It is then scheduled to touch down in Montreal at 11:51.
Calgary to Boston
The next route up on Air Canada’s Christmas expansion wish list will see the Canadian cattier connecting Boston to Calgary. This new daily flight will launch on June the 22nd, serving Boston until the 7th of September 2020. Again, Boston will involve an overnight stop for the aircraft operating it, in this case, an Airbus A319. It will operate to the following schedule:
- AC580 will depart from Calgary at 16:15 in the afternoon. The A319 will then touch down in Boston at 22:46.
- After spending the night in Boston, AC581 will depart at 06:30. The aircraft is then due to arrive back in Calgary at 09:32.
The three routes addressed in today’s announcement. Image: GCMaps
Vancouver to Newark
Last, but by no means least, Air Canada is boosting its service between Vancouver and Newark airport. The airline currently flies the route daily, however, it will add a seasonal second flight in the summer of 2020. The flight will be operated between the 15th of June and the 12th of October to the following schedule:
- AC546 will depart from Vancouver at 13:55. Following its transcontinental journey, the aircraft is scheduled to touch down at 22:05.
- Following a night in Newark, the aircraft will take off for its return flight at 06:30 in the morning. It is then due to arrive back in Vancouver at 09:20 local time.
Will you find any of these flights useful? Let us know your thoughts in the comments!