This week, I had the pleasure of being invited to participate in the AviaDev Europe podcast, a weekly look at the hottest topics in aviation around the world. While not an experienced podcaster, it was a delight to have a chat with Managing Director at AviaDev Europe, Juraj Toth and to delve into some of the biggest issues around aviation that had cropped up over the past week.
Tackling the hot topics
With so much going on right now, there were a lot of things we could have chatted about. However, with only 30 minutes to fill, we had to pick some of the most interesting and important subjects to discuss on the show.
You can listen to the podcast here:
Included in our discussions were:
- Flybe: The UK regional airline was saved by the UK government last week, with a payment holiday on its APD granted. Does it have what it takes to succeed in the long run?
- Ernest Airlines: The small Italian airline lost its AOC. As a result, Wizz Air was noted to already be working to snatch routes from under its nose between Albania and Italy. Can Ernest come back from the brink?
- Delta’s profits: 2019 was a difficult year for many airlines, but for Delta, it was a record-breaking year in terms of profits. How did Delta do so well and why is it succeeding where others are failing?
- Royal Air Maroc: The countdown is on for the airline to join the oneworld Alliance. What does this mean for oneworld, and for other alliances too?
- Flight shame and CO2: We discussed how airlines managed to cut 50% of CO2 emissions since 1990 and spent a little time on one of my favorite topics – flight shame.
Do listen to our podcast and let me know what you think. If you don’t already, please do subscribe to the AviaDev Europe podcast for weekly insight into the world of aviation with expert guest speakers every episode.