This October will mark a year since the opening of Germany’s Berlin Brandenburg Airport (BER). At this time of the year, passengers from the US East Coast can fly into this modern facility and experience one of Europe’s most cosmopolitan cities for well under $450!
This can be done thanks to some bargain one-stop itineraries via Reykjavík Keflavík International (KEF) with Icelandair. With short, convenient stopovers in Iceland’s largest airport, you’ll barely notice that you’ve stopped! Boston Logan International (BOS) and New York‘s Newark (EWR) and JFK airports are both less than six hours from Keflavík when flying eastbound.
Icelandair operates an interesting and diverse variety of Boeing aircraft on its transatlantic and European routes, of both the widebody and narrowbody varieties. Perhaps most appealing to East Coast avgeeks will be its rare stretched-fuselage Boeing 757-300!
Stay informed: Sign up for our daily aviation news digest.
October and November feature a wealth of dates in which one-stop itineraries from New York and Boston to Berlin come in well below $450. You can find and book examples of these at the following links.
- Wednesday, October 6th – Wednesday, October 20th. $427 from New York.
- Thursday, October 14th – Saturday, October 23rd. $417 from Boston.
- Tuesday, October 19th – Tuesday, October 26th. $408 from Boston.
- Wednesday, October 20th – Wednesday, October 27th. $408 from Boston.
- Sunday, November 7th – Sunday, November 14th. $419 from New York.
- Sunday, November 7th – Thursday, November 18th. $417 from New York.
- Thursday, November 11th – Wednesday, November 17th. $414 from Boston.
With these dates covering a variety of dates and durations, there’s hopefully something for everyone. The same can certainly be said of Berlin, which is one of the most exciting and diverse cities I’ve ever had the pleasure of visiting! I hope that, before long, you can do so too.