If you have a Chase card that you use for your travel rewards, you’re in luck, because the company just expanded its travel booking options, through a new alliance with Expedia. Now, if you go to the Chase Ultimate Rewards travel hub, you’ll get more choices than ever, with tons of redemption flexibility, because you’ll be booking from Expedia Group’s top-notch network of flights, hotels, vacation rentals, car rentals and even experiences.
You can currently take advantage of the new travel booking site if you have a Chase Freedom or Freedom Unlimited card, though in the next few months, the site will be extended to welcome Chase Sapphire and Ink cardholders as well.
Brand-New Chase Ultimate Rewards Perks
Here are the perks you can expect thanks to the new Chase Ultimate Rewards travel hub:
- Search through Expedia Group’s 272,000 accommodation options around the world, more than 250 airline options and dozens of car rental options
- Search through Expedia Group’s more than 25,000 activities, tours and attractions
- Enjoy special new seasonal discounts and offers from hotels and travel activity providers
- Get better self-service options to cancel your hotel or car rental online, no customer service required
- Take advantage of better Chase app tech, thanks to Expedia Group technology
- Enjoy increased clarity regarding pricing when trying to book travel rewards, so you can see the points and cash needed to redeem your points for travel sooner
- Use enhanced searching capabilities, so you can search flights by class, upgrade opportunities and more
- Read seat review content before you book, through SeatGuru
- Get help whenever you need it, with a self-help portal for basic travel questions and 24/7 phone customer support
Even more perks are coming in the next few months, so keep an eye out!
Here’s What the Expedia and Chase Folks Had to Say
“Expedia Group has the unique ability to take any person from anywhere through an array of travel products and we are excited to wire up the Chase Ultimate Rewards platform with the technology that makes that happen, so they can pass this on to their travel loving customers,” said Ariane Gorin, president, Expedia Partner Solutions. “The flexibility of the Expedia Partner Solutions technology offering opens the door to the widest selection of travel products for customers, so they can redeem their points for travel in an easy to use, modern online travel marketplace.”
“Our cardmembers are searching, booking and redeeming for travel in Ultimate Rewards more than ever, and together with Expedia Group we are taking the experience to the next level,” said Lorraine Hansen, head of Ultimate Rewards and Loyalty Solutions, Chase. “Whether on desktop or mobile, we are providing simpler and smarter booking tools with over a million options to search, delivering even more value and flexibility to Ultimate Rewards cardmembers.”
Want to Sign Up Now?
If you’re not currently a Chase Freedom cardholder, you can sign up for the Chase Freedom Unlimited card now and get 15,000 points (equal to about $150) after you spend $500 in the first three months.
Perks to this card include unlimited 1.5-percent cash back on every purchase, a pretty great deal. Plus, there’s no annual fee and 0-percent intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for over a year.