Citi Has announced that its new Citi Rewards+ Card will go live for application on January 10, 2019. The new card is exciting and has a pretty decent earning rates, and carries no annual fee. The new Citi Rewards+ Card will also feature a 15,000 Citi ThankYou Points bonus when you spend $1,000 on your card in the first three months of card membership.
- 15,000 Citi ThankYou points welcome bonus after spending $1,000 in the first 3 months of card membership
- Earn 2X ThankYou Points at Gas stations and Supermarkets, on the first $6,000 of spending per year
- No Annual Fee
- Receive 10% of your points back on the first 100,000 thousand ThankYou points redeemed per year
- The ability to round up your purchase to the nearest 10 ThankYou Points
- Theft and Damage protection
- 90 Day Returns Protection
- Global Travel Accident Insurance
- Global Car Rental Insurance
- Extended Warranty
- Trip Cancellation and Interruption Protection
- Access to the Citi Private Pass program and the tickets and experiences it allows at thousands of events
ThankYou Points Transfers
Unfortunately, you will not be able to transfer Citi ThankYou points earned from the Citi Rewards+ Card directly to airline partners. However, if you hold a fee-paying Citi Card that earns ThankYou Points like the Citi Prestige Card or the Citi Premier Card, you will be able to combine your points into the fee-paying card account and then transfer them to airline partners.
This situation is similar so Chase Cards, which allow you to convert cashback earned from the Chase Freedom and the Chase Freedom Unlimited℠ to Chase Ultimate Rewards Points if you hold them in conjunction with either the Chase Sapphire Reserve or the Chase Sapphire Preferred cards.
We are excited to see this new card from Citi and are happy to see Citi expanding its stable of cards earning Citi ThankYou Points. It is also good to see Citi taking a leaf out of Chase’s book and developing a network of cards that are great stand-alone products, that also combine to work together to give you even more value.