Lufthansa has announced a promotion where you will receive 5X the Miles & More miles for economy flights between select destinations in Europe and the US and Canada. You need to register and book by October 15, 2018, and the promotion is valid on flights from January 1, through March 31, 2019.
- You need to register before booking to earn 5X miles on flights
- Bookings must be made by October 15, 2018
- Promotion valid on flights between January 1, 2019 through March 31, 2019
- Earn 5X miles on economy flights
- A maximum of 50,000 bonus miles can be earned with the promotion
- Promotion is valid on select routes between Europe and the US/Canada
- Bonus miles only apply to the main flight between the US/Canada and Frankfurt/Munich
- Promotion does not apply to feeder flights
- Earning with the promotion is capped at 8 flight segments only
- Allow up to 8 weeks for the bonus miles to post to your account
The promotion is only valid between select European and US/Canadian destinations. Participating destinations include:
- European destinations: Amsterdam, Dublin, Edinburgh, Madrid, Milan, Copenhagen, London, Oslo, Paris, Rome or Stockholm
- US & Canadian destinations: Seattle/Tacoma, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, Los Angeles, Denver, Detroit, Chicago, Toronto, Montreal, Philadelphia, Boston, New York, Washington, Charlotte, Atlanta, Dallas, Houston, Tampa, Orlando or Miami
No Booking Class Or Status Bonus
The promotion does not apply to any premium booking class bonuses or status class bonus. The 5X bonus earning rate only applies to the base miles awarded for a specific fare class to a Miles & More Blue member flying in Economy.
All Things Considered
If you are regular traveler between Europe and the US, then this promotion can make a lot of sense, especially if you regularly fly main cabin. Traditionally, main cabin earing rates have been pretty bad in recent years, with some fares only earning 25% or even no miles at all. Earning 5X miles is an awesome deal for economy tickets. Consider flying a cheaper economy fare that only gives you 50% of miles flown, with the promotion you will earn 250% of miles flown which is near First class earning rates.
If you already have some travel plans for next spring and your dates are locked in, then this promotion is well worth considering switching airlines for a few flights. Remember you will have to be absolutely certain about your plans since bookings must be made by October 15, 2018.