Denver, Colorado-headquartered Frontier Airlines has just announced in a tweet on April 3, 2021, that it is hiring flight attendants for its two new bases at Tampa International Airport (TPA) and Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL). The low-cost-carrier needs to fill approximately 250 flight attendant positions for its Tampa base, scheduled to open in May. With its Atlanta base not scheduled to open until late 2021, no announcement has been made about how many positions will be available.
“With our low-cost structure and focus on leisure travel, Frontier is exceptionally well-positioned to increase operations this year and continue to expand in these two growing markets. We anticipate that nearly 400 Frontier crew members will be based in Tampa by the end of 2021. Atlanta is also on the radar for later this year, and those details will become more solidified as things progress.”
Are you ready to start your next adventure?
With new bases in Tampa and Atlanta scheduled to open later this year, we are looking for new Flight Attendants to start training this summer!
Our online application window for candidates will be open for a limited time (4/5 – 4/9).
— Frontier Airlines (@FlyFrontier) April 3, 2021
When advertising its flight attendant vacancies, Frontier Airlines asks potential candidates the following three questions:
- Do you love what you do?
- Do you like working with great people?
- Do you seek adventure in your life?
They finish by saying we do and that we are looking for “like-minded people to join us.”
Frontier Airlines says that as a flight attendant, you can embrace your inner adventure and see your career take off as you travel to new places and make new friends along the way.
What Frontier Airlines offers
New Frontier Airlines flight attendants can look forward to the following opportunities and benefits.
- Frontier Airlines offers its employees the chance for career advancement
- Frontier Airlines offers its employees paid holidays
- Frontier Airlines offers its employees vacation days
- Frontier Airlines offers its employees paid sick leave
- Frontier Airlines offers its employees medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Frontier Airlines offers its employees a 401k savings plan to help them plan for the future
- Frontier Airlines offers its employees flight and travel industry benefits for you and your family
- Frontier Airlines offers its employees free guest passes for friends
- A high school diploma or GED
- Be at least 20-years-old when applying
- Be legally authorized to work in the United States
- A valid passport with at least six months remaining
- A willingness to relocate
- Must be able to fasten a four-point jump seat harness without the use of extension devices
Currently, Frontier Airlines has bases at the following airports:
- Denver International Airport (DEN
- Las Vegas McCarran International Airport (LAS)
- Orlando International Airport (MCO)
- Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD)
- Philadelphia International Airport (PHL)
- Trenton-Mercer Airport (TTN)
Frontier Airlines Tattoo Policy
Frontier Airlines does not allow its flight attendants to have visible tattoos when wearing its flight attendant uniform. Tattoos cannot be covered up with makeup, clothing, jewelry, or bandages. Therefore the policy prohibits flight attendants from having visible tattoos on the face, ears, hands, wrists, and neck.
How to apply
Visit Frontier Airlines/Careers by clicking on the link. Let them know that you are interested in the position by filling out the online application and submitting your resume. Following this, you will receive a link in your email to take a short assessment so that Frontier Airlines can get to know you a little better.
If you are selected to continue along the process of becoming a Frontier Airlines flight attendant, you will be asked to attend an online video interview. The interview only takes between 15-20 minutes and gives you the chance to talk about your experience and why you would like to become a Frontier Airlines flight attendant.
If following the interview, you are considered to be a good match, Frontier Airlines will invite you to an in-person hiring event. This is your chance to shine, so be sure to turn up dressed professionally.
If selected as a prospected Frontier Airlines flight attendant, you will be sent to the airline’s training facility in Cheyenne, Wyoming, for a three-and-a-half-week training program.
If you complete the training course, you will be welcomed onboard as a new Frontier Airlines flight attendant.
According to job website Indeed.com, Frontier Airlines new hire flight attendants earn approximately $27,355 in their first year. This, of course, increases with seniority and the number of hours you work each month. Most flight attendants are attracted to the job because they love to travel and the non-revenue tickets they get by working for an airline.
If you currently work for Frontier Airlines as a flight attendant, we would love to hear what you think about the job and some tips for people looking to get hired at either Atlanta or Tampa.