IHG has announced its latest promotion for Q1 2019 called “Rewards Nights Faster.” The promotion seems to be a direct promotion for the popular IHG “Accelerate” promotion. The new promotion maintains the game like structure of Accelerate, and you earn bonus points when you complete various tasks. The current promotion is valid for stays from January 15, 2019, through April 30, 2019.
- You need to register for the promotion by March 15, 2019
- Receive bonus points for completing various tasks,
- Allow 2-3 weeks after checkout for the promotion bonus points to post to your account
If IHG has carried on from the “Accelerate” promotion, then there will be several versions of the promotion out there. And members will have different tasks to complete and will earn a different level of bonus.
This time around my promotion is pretty lucrative and can earn me a total 57,500 points. My Q1 2019 promotion includes the following tasks:
- To Earn 19,000 bonus points: Stay at 3 brands
- To Earn 5,600 bonus points: Stay at 2 Holiday Inn hotels—including Holiday Inn Resort and Holiday Inn Club Vacations
- To Earn 5,600 bonus points: Stay 2 weekends, including a Saturday night and another night, and earn 5,600 bonus points
- To Earn 6,600 bonus points: book 2 Bonus Points Package stays
- To Earn 18,500 bonus points: Complete 4 of the 5 offers
- To Earn 2,000 bonus points: Stay once in February
While the promotion may seem difficult to complete, in fact, it is relatively simple and can be quite lucrative since one stay will count towards completing several tasks at the same time. To maximize the promotion, all I need to do is stay 5 nights.
- 1 night in February using a bonus points package rate at a hotel other than the Holiday Inn Brand
- 2 Weekend nights (including Saturday) in March using a bonus points package rate at a Holiday Inn hotel
- 2 Weekend nights (including Saturday) in April at a Holiday Inn hotel (different brand than march my March stay)
Maximizing the promotion requires me to stay 5 nights if you have the same promotion and your travel nights don’t allow you can still earn a ton of points for staying 3 nights. The following stays would earn you 33,200 points.
- One night in February using a bonus points package at a holiday inn hotel
- One night in February using a bonus points package at a holiday inn hotel (different Holiday Inn Brand to February)
- One night in April at a third brand of IHG hotel
Maximizing the Promotion
If you are an IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Card fan, then you can maximize your returns from the promotion by using the IHG® Rewards Club Premier to pay for your stays. You will earn 10X per dollar spent at IHG properties, as well as receive the perks and benefits associated with the complimentary IHG Rewards Club Platinum Elite Status You receive. The IHG® Rewards Club Premier Card comes with a wide range of features and benefits, including an 80,000 point welcome bonus. The IHG® Rewards Club Premier carries a very reasonable $89annual fee.
It is great to see the old accelerate style promotion back with a new name. Historically the promotions were very lucrative and could yield a significant number of points for a small number of stays. Have you registered for your IHG Rewards Nights Faster yet, we would love to see what our readers have been offered this quarter.