The The World Of Hyatt Credit Card has been offering a great welcome bonus of 60,000 points since its introduction last year. Sadly, this increased welcome bonus is coming to an end from January 9, 2019. Even with eh reduction in bonus the HCC is still a solid performer and has its place in the arsenal of any points and miles fans.
The Current Bonus
Currently, the World Of Hyatt Card earns you a 60,000 point welcome bonus after meeting the cards spending requirements. The bonus is tiered as follows:
- Earn a 40,000-point bonus, after spending $3,000 on your card in the first 3 months of card membership
- Earn a further 20,000 World of Hyatt points after spending a further $3,000 in the first 6 months of card membership
Effectively you will earn 60,000 points for spending $6,000 in the first 6 months of card membership.
The New Bonus (After January 10, 2019)
Effective January 9, 2019, the welcome bonus is coming to an end, and the World Of Hyatt Credit Card will be offering a new lower welcome bonus of up to 25,000 points. The new bonus will be tiered as follows:
- Earn a 25,000-point bonus, after spending $3,000 on your card int eh first 3 months of card membership
- Earn a further 25,000 World of Hyatt points after spending a further $3,000 in the first 6 months of card membership
Overall the spending requirement will stay the same at $6,000 over 6 months, but you will receive 10,000 fewer bonus points. The new bonus is a bigger hit since the second tier has increased in value from 20,000 to 25,000, which is a way for Chase to ensure you put at least $6,000 of spending on the HCC.
IS the Hyatt Card Still Worth It?
Looking at the The World Of Hyatt Credit Card, without taking the welcome bonus into account, the card still has a very solid offering and is worth considering. The card has a host of features and benefits including:
- One free night per year at any Hyatt category 1-4 properties
- Earn an additional free night certificate after spending $15,000 in a card membership year (valid at Hyatt category 1-4 properties)
- Earn a total of 9 Hyatt points per dollar spent at Hyatt properties- 5 base points per dollar plus 4 bonus points for paying for your stay with your card
- Earn 2 Hyatt points per dollar on airfare (booked directly with airlines), restaurants, fitness and gym memberships, and commuting and transit
- For every $5,000 you spend you earn 2 Elite qualifying night credits towards your next tier status
- Complimentary mid-tier Discoverist status
- $95 annual fee
The free night certificate more than covers the $95 annual fee of the HCC. The enhanced earning on Hyatt stays, the bonus night certificate after spending $15,000 and the complimentary Discoverist Status combine to make the World Of Hyatt Card a very exciting proposition.
Things look even better when you factor in the 2X earning on airfare (booked directly with airlines), restaurants, fitness and gym memberships, and commuting and transit. While the airfare earning is not industry leading, it is still very good value as an overall package.
If you were planning on applying for the The World Of Hyatt Credit Card in 2019, you might want to consider moving your application forward. Applying before January 9, 2019 means will give you an additional free 10,000 bonus points versus applying on or after January 10, 2019. As one of the strongest hotel cards out there the The World Of Hyatt Card should be on your card shopping list for 2019. So make sure you apply early to lock in the old welcome bonus.