You’ve heard of the Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card. How could you not? Ads are constantly plastered all over the television, proclaiming this to be one of the best for frequent travelers…but will it fit all of your travel needs?
The Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card’s welcome bonus offer is 50,000 bonus miles when you spend $3,000 on purchases within the first three months. This is pretty standard and equivalent to about $500 of travel.
- 50,000 bonus points sign-up offer
- No annual fee for the first year, followed by a $95 annual fee
- Earn 2x miles on every purchase
- Earn 10x miles on hotels
- Receive a $100 application fee credit for either Global Entry or TSA PreCheck
- Use your miles for airlines and hotels at any time with no blackout dates
- There are no miles-earning limits and your miles never expire
- No foreign transactions fees
- 24-hour travel assistance service
- Auto rental collision damage waiver
- Travel accident insurance
- Extended warranties for purchases made on the card
2X Miles on Every Purchase
The card’s 2x miles on every purchase feature is great for those of us who want to earn miles to spend on travel…but don’t do enough traveling to earn lots of bonus miles the traditional way. Using the Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card, you can earn 2x miles on anything and everything, with no limits.
10X Miles on Hotels
The card’s 10x miles on hotels is available when you book via hotels.com. This is a nice feature if you’re not particularly loyal to one hotel brand, like Marriott or IHG, so you can stay where you want, whenever you want, and still earn major miles.
The card’s annual fee is waived for the first year, but then is upped to $95 after your first year. This isn’t a big deal, considering just how much you get back from the card.
People rave about this card’s redemption process. You just make a hotel, rental car or airline purchase, then go into your account and indicate that you want to use miles to cover that purchase. There are no minimum redemption amounts. Seriously…that’s it.
The Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card is a great mid-level credit card for those who want to earn miles that are easy to use and with everyday spending. While you won’t receive some of the premium perks like lounge access or waived baggage fees, if it’s ease of use you’re looking for, this card might just be the way to go.