The Simple Flying podcast is usually released weekly on a Thursday, but we’ve let you have it a day early this week due to the rapidly changing aviation landscape. We aim to cover some of the most important commercial aviation stories of the week, with commentary and occasionally a little bit of fun!
In episode 5, your hosts Jo and Tom discuss:
- Flybe fallout: What went wrong for Europe’s largest regional airline, and what will happen to its airport slots?
- Tom gives us some insight into his exclusive interview with Ryanair CEO Michael O’Leary, getting the outspoken Irishman’s views on the 737 MAX, COMAC and the coronavirus.
- COVID-19 update: We discuss what airlines are doing, which are grounding aircraft and what’s happening in the world of slot restricted airports.
- Finally, we tell you about how a team of British Airways’ staff pulled an Airbus A350 for charity and broke a record in the process.
Listen to episode 5 now
You can listen to the podcast directly on Simple Flying, just click play below:
If on mobile, please click here to listen to the podcast.
The Simple Flying podcast is available on the following platforms
- Spotify – Click here to listen on Spotify
- Breaker – Click here to listen on Breaker
- Pocket Casts – Click here to listen on Pocket Casts
- RadioPublic – Click here to listen on RadioPublic
- Anchor – Click here to listen on Anchor
- Overcast – Click here to listen on Overcast
- Google Podcasts – Click here to listen on Google Podcasts
- Apple Podcasts – Click here to listen on Apple Podcasts
As our podcast is new, we would love to hear what you think! Please leave any feedback or suggestions in the comments section of this article.
Additionally, if you have a question you’d like answered on next week’s episode, leave it down in the comments or contact us on social media.