TUI’s German branch is set to commence long haul flights from Dusseldorf. The flights, due to launch in November, will see the airline flying to the Dominican Republic and Mexico with the Boeing 787 Dreamliner.
Earlier this year, we reported that TUI was looking to base two Boeing 787 aircraft at Duesseldorf. Now, it seems we have the start of services at the airport. According to Aviation24.be, the airline will commence services from the 4th of November 2020. These will operate to the Dominican Republic destinations of Puerto Plata, and Punta Cana, alongside the Mexican destination of Cancun.
TUI Germany’s new flights won’t start with the IATA winter season on the 25th of October. Instead, the airline’s first Dusseldorf flight is set to depart across the Atlantic on the 4th of November, heading to Puerto Plata. This flight will be operated once per week on a Wednesday. Its schedule will look like this:
- Flight X3-3036 will depart from Dusseldorf (DUS) at 11:30. After a 9-hour 55-minute flight across the Atlantic, the Boeing 787 will land at Puerto Plata (POP) at 16:25.
- After two hours on the ground, X3-3037 will depart from Puerto Plata at 18:25. Following a shorter 8-hour and 35-minute flight, the Boeing 787 will land back in Dusseldorf at 08:00 the next day.
Interestingly, TUI only seems to be selling return tickets from Dusseldorf on the route. That means that the first return from Puerto Plata will be operated empty.
Punta Cana route
TUI Germany’s other Puerto Rico route will operate with an increased frequency. This will see the flight operate three times a week. There will be seats on sale on the first return flight. However, as it is again only as part of a return booking, the first return will likely be empty. The flight will operate three times per week from November the 5th. On Thursdays, the flight will operate as:
- X3-3152 will depart from Dusseldorf at 13:35. Following a 9-hour 50-minute flight, the Boeing 787 will touch down in Punta Cana (PUJ) at 18:25.
- X3-3153 will depart Punta Cana at 20:25. Following an 8-hour 40-minute flight it will arrive back in Dusseldorf at 10:05 the next day.
On Saturday and Tuesday the schedule will be:
- X3-3152 will depart from Dusseldorf at 11:45, landing in Punta Cana at 16:35.
- X3-3153 will depart from Punta Cana at 18:35, landing in Dusseldorf at 08:15 the next day.
Last but not least, TUI will operate the Boeing 787 to Cancun, Mexico from the 8th of November 2020. Bizarrely the airline’s booking engine shows that the aircraft flies to Cancun on Wednesdays and Sundays but only returns on Wednesdays before the 29th of November. This is surely a glitch in the booking system. The flights will operate as follows:
- X3-3588 will depart from Dusseldorf at 11:15. Following an 11-hour 35-minute flight, the Boeing 787 will touch down in Cancun (CUN) at 16:50.
- X3-3589 will depart from Cancun at 18:50. Following a shorter 9-hour 40-minute flight the aircraft will arrive back in Dusseldorf at 10:30 the next day.
Will you be booking any of these flights? Let us know your thoughts in the comments!