Turkish Airlines has preponed its domestic flight resumptions to June 1st. The airline will operate four daily roundtrips before resuming more domestic flights on June 4th. The resumptions also apply to low-cost carrier AnadoluJet. International services, however, are still slated for a June 10th resumption.
Turkish Airlines announces domestic flight resumptions
From June 1st, the airline will fly to the following cities out of its hub at Istanbul Airport:
- Ankara Esenboğa Airport (ESB)
- Izmir Adnan Menderes Airport (ADB)
- Antalya Airport (AYT)
- Trabzon Airport (TZX)
These four cities are some of the largest in Turkey. Below are the flight schedules with all times local:
- TK2150 will depart IST at 10:00 and arrive at ESB at 11:15. The return, TK2459, will leave at 13:40 and arrive at 14:55.
- TK2312 will depart IST at 14:10 with arrival scheduled at 15:30 in ADB. The return service, TK2123 will leave ADB at 17:55 and land in IST at 19:15
- TK2014 will depart IST for AYT at 11:15 with arrival at 12:40. TK2433 will operate the return segment departing at 14:10 and arriving at 15:40. On June 3rd, the schedule is slightly offset with TK2433 departing at 15:05 and arriving at 16:35
- TK2612 will leave IST at 13:00 and arrive in TZX at 14:50. The return, TK2707, will depart TZX at 16:20 and arrive at 18:20.
Flights to Ankara and Izmir will utilize Airbus A330-300s. Meanwhile, Antalya and Trabzon flights are scheduled onboard Airbus A321neos. The A330-300s are configured with lie-flat business class seating.
AnadoluJet flight resumptions
AnadoluJet is Turkish Airlines’ low-cost arm. The carrier operates all-economy Boeing 737 aircraft. Its main base of operations is out of Istanbul’s secondary airport– Sabiha Gökçen (SAW)– and Ankara’s Esenboğa Airport.
Out of Ankara, AnadoluJet will fly the following routes:
- ESB-SAW departing at 11:00 and arriving at 12:05; SAW-ESB departing at 14:30 and arriving at 15:35
- ESB-ADB departing at 12:40 and arriving at 14:00; ADB-ESB departing at 16:15 and arriving at 17:30
- ESB-AYT departing at 12:15 and arriving at 13:25; AYT-ESB departing at 16:45 and arriving at 17:55
- ESB-TZX departing at 12:00 and arriving at 13:10; TZX-ESB departing at 15:35 and arriving at 16:55
Out of Sabiha Gökçen, AnadoluJet will operate the following routes:
- SAW-ADB departing at 12:00 and arriving at 13:15; ADB-SAW departing at 14:45 and arriving at 15:50
- SAW-AYT departing at 13:30 and arriving at 14:45; AYT-SAW departing at 16:00 and arriving at 17:20
- SAW-TZX departing at 10:40 and arriving at 12:20; TZX-SAW departing at 14:05 and arriving at 15:50
All times in the above schedule are local.
Further domestic resumptions from June 4th
June 4th is Turkish Airlines‘ “big” domestic resumption day. The airline will startup additional domestic flights to several cities and, on some, offer extra daily legs and utilize widebody aircraft. Meanwhile, international services are still scheduled to start next week on June 10th.
The added domestic flights are a positive sign, however. Thus far, Turkish Airlines has been pushing flight resumption dates further. This time, the airline is moving up some flights.
Check with local authorities about any further regulations that may impede your ability to travel before booking. Also, note that your travel experience may not be the same. Turkish Airlines will have to alter some onboard services to support passenger and employee health. Most airlines around the world have had to do the same.
Will these domestic resumptions support your travels? Are you excited to fly Turkish Airlines again? Let us know in the comments!