Spanish low-cost carrier Volotea has just announced a massive 2020 summer expansion that will see more flights serving lesser-known European cities.
According to Routes Online Volotea has in recent weeks added routes to its 2020 summer schedule in which it plans to commence service using Boeing 717 and Airbus A319 aircraft.
Volotea adds 14 new routes
As of the 10th of October 2019, the new summer 2020 routes are:
- Twice weekly Athens to Cagliari starting the 29th of MAY using an Airbus A319.
- Twice weekly Athens to Marseille starting the 20th of May using an Airbus A319.
- Twice weekly Athens to Lyon starting the 18th of April using an Airbus A319.
- Twice weekly Athens to Split starting the 19th of April using a Boeing 717 and then a combination of Boeing B717 and Airbus A319 aircraft starting on June 3rd.
- Once weekly Cagliari to Bilbao starting May 30th using an Airbus A319 up until the 4th of July after which a Boeing B717 will be placed on the route.
- Once weekly Cagliari to Deauville starting the 14th of April using an Airbus A319.
- Once weekly Cagliari to Hannover starting the 13th of June using an Airbus A319.
- Once weekly Genoa to Irakleion starting July 8th using a Boeing 717
- Twice weekly Lyon to Malaga starting the 17th of April Using an Airbus A319 before changing to a Boeing B717 on July 6th.
- Once weekly Lyon to Thira starting the 22nd of April using an Airbus A319.
- Twice weekly Nantes to Nice starting the 10th of April using an Airbus A319.
- Once weekly Nantes to Varna starting on the 14th of April using an Airbus A319.
- Twice weekly Strasbourg to Barcelona starting the 10th of April using an Airbus A319.
- Once weekly Strasbourg to Palma Mallorca starting May 13th using an Airbus A319.
Volotea earlier announced that it would be launching a once-weekly Marseille to Castellon service starting April 20th using a Boeing 717 aircraft before changing to an Airbus A319 from the 2nd of June. This has now been modified to an A319 flying the route from its inception date of April 20th.
Volotea to fly Airbus employees between Hamburg and Toulouse
In other Volotea news, the budget airline issued a press release saying that it has been awarded the contract to operate four daily flights Monday through Friday between Toulouse International Airport and Airbus’s Finkenwerder plant near Hamburg in Germany.
The new service will allow Airbus employee’s easy transfers between the two sites. Two Volotea Airbus aircraft will fly the dedicated route and will be fitted out as per Airbus’s requirements.
Along with the new service, Volotea will open a new base in Hamburg from where they can hire ten German-speaking cabin crew.
As of today, Volotea operates 13 bases in Venice, Nantes, Bordeaux, Palermo, Strasbourg, Asturias, Verona, Toulouse, Genoa, Bilbao, Cagliari, Marseille and Athens.
While registered in Spain the airlines main base of operations is from Venice Tessera Airport (Marco Polo) (VCE). Operating a fleet of 19 Airbus A319s and 17 Boeing 717s Volotea concentrates on smaller European cities.