Every week at Simple flying we will bring you the hottest deals and best offers around at the moment, so make sure to check back with us every Saturday to see what the best points and miles promotions are around the world.
Deal Of The Week: New Marriott Members Stay Twice Earn A Free Night
Marriott Bonvoy is keen to sign up new members and is offering new members a free night at any property costing up to 25,000 points per night when they join and complete two paid stays. This miles promotion is valid for paid stays completed by July 29, 2019.
- The offer is only valid for new members of the Marriott Bonvoy
- You need to join the program through the special promotion page.
- Make two paid stays by July 29, 2019, to receive a Free Night Award
- The award can be redeemed at any property costing up to 25,000 points per night
- The Free Night Award must be redeemed within one year from the date of issue
If you are planning on making some Marriott stays, then this promotion is a great deal. Even if you are already a Marriott member, you can always get your partner or family member who is not to sign up for an account and complete two stays to earn a free night. Bear in mind 25,000 points is enough for an award at any Marriott Category 4 hotel which includes 1,653 properties around the world, so you will have plenty of redemption options.
Buy AA Miles With Up to 100,000 miles promotion bonus
American Airlines has announced a miles promotion giving you up to 100,000 bonus miles when you purchase AA miles. The promotion is valid for purchases through April 30, 2019, and to trigger the bonus, you will need to purchase a minimum of 10,000 miles.
- The promotion is valid for purchases through April 30, 201911:59:59 pm CT
- Receive up to 100,000 bonus miles when you purchase AA miles
- To be eligible, you must purchase at least 10,000 AAdvantage miles or more
- You can purchase up to 150,000 AAdvantage miles per year
- To be eligible your AA account must be at least 30 days old
- Allow up to 8 hours for the bonus miles to post to your account
The level of bonus miles you receive will depend on the number of miles you purchase. The bonus structure is tiered as follows:
- Purchase between 10,000 – 19,000 and receive 4,000 bonus miles
- Purchase between 20,000 – 29,000 and receive 7,500 bonus miles
- Purchase between 30,000 – 39,000 and receive 15,000 bonus miles
- Purchase between 40,000 – 54,000 and receive 22,000 bonus miles
- Purchase between 55,000 – 69,000 and receive 30,000 bonus miles
- Purchase between 70,000 – 84,000 and receive 40,000 bonus miles
- Purchase between 85,000 – 119,000 and receive 55,000 bonus miles
- Purchase between 120,000 – 149,000 and receive 75,000 bonus miles
- Purchase between 150,000 and receive 100,000 bonus miles
One thing to remember is that, unlike a lot of other airline and hotel programs, AA process its miles purchases themselves. This means that any miles purchased will qualify as a travel category since they will code a purchase directly with AA. If you decide to go ahead with the purchase, use a card optimized for travel purchase like the Amex platinum card, or the Chase Sapphire Reserve, which will earn you 5x and 3x points per dollar respectively.
1,000 bonus United Miles promotion for Registering your Card
United has announced a promotion offering a simple and free 1,000 award miles when you link your qualifying United Chase Visa card to the United MileagePlus X App. To receive the bonus miles, you need to register your card by March 31, 2019.
- If you don’t have the app, download the United MileagePlus X app
- You need to enroll your card by March 31, 2019
- The promotion is valid for all United Chase Visa Rewards cards
- Please allow five business days for the bonus miles to post to your account
- You do not need to make a purchase to receive the bonus
We really like this kind of miles promotion. It takes a few seconds over your morning coffee to register your card, and you are on your way to a free 1,000 award miles without having to spend any money at all.
Marriott Double Points
You can earn double base points at over 6,700 Marriott hotel with Marriott Bonvoy’s spring miles promotion. The offer is valid for stays at all Marriott properties worldwide through June 4, 2019.
- You need to register for the promotion by May 21, 2019
- The promotion is valid for stays at participating hotels and resorts worldwide through June 4, 2019.
- Earn double base points on stays starting from your second stay
- Allow 6 weeks after the promotion end date for the bonus points to post to your Marriott account
If you hold any of the following Marriott Bonvoy co-branded credit cards, you are eligible for a further 500-point bonus per stay.
- The offer is valid from the first stay
- The stay must include a weekend night
- A weekend stay must include either a Friday or Saturday night
- To be eligible your card must be linked to your Marriott Bonvoy account
Co-branded Credit cards valid for the promotion include:
- Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card
- Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card
- Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express® Card
- Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card from Chase
- Marriott Bonvoy™ Premier Credit Card from Chase
- Marriott Bonvoy™ Premier Plus Business Credit Card from Chase
- Marriott Bonvoy™ Credit Card from Chase
- Marriott Bonvoy Business™ Credit Card from Chase
- The Ritz-Carlton™ Credit Card from JPMorgan
If you have a few upcoming stays, then this promotion could be quite lucrative, especially if you hold a Marriott co-branded credit card, and you have a lot of one night stays on weekends.
Up to 1,500 World of Hyatt Bonus Points
World Of Hyatt’s latest Earn Points Faster Promotion is offering you up to 1,500 bonus points per qualifying stay. The promotion is valid for stays at participating World Of Hyatt Properties through May 15, 2019.
- You must register for the promotion between February 15 and March 31, 2019
- Receive 1,000 Bonus Points per eligible night starting from your second stay
- A Maximum 50,000 Bonus Points can be earned with the promotion
- The promotion is valid for both paid stays and award nights
- Allow 2 to 3 weeks after your stay for the bonus points to post to your Hyatt account
The promotion has a twist, and you can earn even more points for stays at certain Hyatt brands.
- Earn an additional 500 Bonus Points per night at Hyatt Place and Hyatt House hotels
- You can earn a maximum of 25,000 points with this promotion
If you have some upcoming stays, then you should consider shifting them to World of Hyatt properties with this miles and points promotion, especially if your travel plans allow you to stay at properties that earn you 1,500 points per night. Remember Hyatt award nights start at 5,000 points per night, so if you have some stays, this could be quite lucrative.
Transfer Citi ThankYou Points To Qantas with a 25% Bonus
Citi has announced a 25% bonus when you transfer ThankYou points to the Qantas Frequent Flyer Program. The offer is valid for transfers through April 13th, 2019.
- Transfer ThankYou Points to Qantas and receive 25% Bonus Points
- Promotion is valid for transfer through April 13, 2019, 11:59 PM ET
- The bonus is hardwired in the transfer, and you will receive 1,250 Qantas Miles for every 1,000 ThankYou points you transfer
While Qantas is not one of the big players, it is a great option particularly if you are looking to travel to Australasia. Even if you are not looking to head down under, this promotion can make sense since Qantas is also a Oneworld member and you can redeem your points on partner airlines including British Airways, American Airlines, and Cathay Pacific.
There are some interesting points and miles promotions around this week. Our pick of the bunch is the Marriott free night promotion after two stays for new members. The promotion can be lucrative and is easy to take advantage of, and if you have some stays coming up then why not leverage them for a free night?